Knickerbocker Country Club (KCC) has four Har Tru tennis courts located near the driving range in its own secluded tennis area which includes a fully stocked Tennis Pro Shop for all your equipment and apparel needs as well as shaded and sunny lounges for socializing and watching play. The courts are kept in excellent condition and are regularly maintained to ensure top performance.
The season begins in April and runs through October. For those who enjoy competition, the Club participates in the Bergen County Tennis Leagues (inter-club team play) for both men and women. The Club fields four women’s teams and one men’s team in addition to a junior team for players aged nine and over. These teams include players of all levels from beginner to advanced.
If you just want to play socially or simply enjoy the game, the Tennis Program offers various options of clinics and activities for all ability levels. Activities include clinics, socials, mixers, Cardio Tennis, Pro-Am and Member-Guest events, open play and much more. In addition, private and group lessons are offered by our Professional Staff. There is something for everyone! KCC is a family-oriented club and offers a variety of tennis options for junior players as well as adults. The Tennis Program offers clinics using the USTA 10&Under method (Red, Orange, Green and Yellow Balls) for proper skills development through drills and games. A mixture of learning and fun keeps players engaged! Juniors can participate in the Junior Team Tennis, an inter-club competitive program. Customized tennis-themed parties are another option for all ages.
Covid-19 - important information!
We ask you to continue to take all recommended measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and wear masks, stay 6 feet away from others whenever possible, and wash hands regularly. Hand sanitizer and masks are available at various locations at the club.
Hours of operation
Courts are open seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Pro Shop is also open Tuesdays through Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Members in all categories, their spouses, and dependent children to the age of 21 may use the tennis facilities.
- All white tennis attire is required at all times with a maximum of 15% color permitted on each and any item of apparel including sneakers, socks, hats and visors
- Outer layers are the only exception and may be of any color, including leggings / yoga pants, pullovers, jackets, track or warm up suits
- If leggings or yoga pants are worn, a skirt must be worn over them
- Cutoffs, bathing suits or jeans are not acceptable
- White cotton t-shirts are only acceptable for children. Non collared tennis shirts are permitted
- Players must wear hats and visors with bill forward
- Only proper tennis shoes are permitted
- No basketball or track shoes will be allowed
- No playing in bare feet or socks
Reserving a court
Court reservation is necessary and you can do it online 24/7 using Salix, the club’s online court reservation system. It is simple to use and very convenient. If you don’t have your login credentials yet, please contact Marco and he will add you to the system. Full name and email address are needed. To make a reservation, click on the link below and use your credentials.
- Username is your email and password is 123456
If you have any questions, please reach out to Marco at email@example.com or (914) 482-3580.
- Guests may play at any time, except before 12:00 noon on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, but no more than twice in any month. All guests must be accompanied by a member
- Members must sign in their guests using one of the two ways
- Add their full names and specify which member brought the guest(s) in the Additional Players box on the online reservation system (details above)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members are responsible for their guests’ adherence to all rules and should explain the dress code rules to them prior to their using the facility
- NEW POLICY: There is no charge for guests (as of 11/10/2020)
- There is a 3-guest limit per court
Players are asked to please be considerate of other players. Please return tennis balls to neighboring courts and observe good manners. Excessive noise and use of profanity should be curtailed. No food may be brought into the court area. Smoking is prohibited on the tennis courts. Cellular telephones use is not permitted at the tennis facility.
As a courtesy to the members using the courts after you, all members and guests, including children, are required to sweep and line the courts after use. There are two drag brooms and two line sweepers in each court to facilitate that process for you.
The Pro Shop offers several services including racquet stringing and gripping. It also offers junior and adults demo racquets and has a stock of new ones for purchase. You can also find sneakers, apparel and various accessories.